Monday, September 10, 2012

WOW where have I been?

Let me tell you about it. Over the past (almost a) year I have been through so many ups and downs I can't begin to tell you. I didn't feel it necessary to blog about it. After all how many blogs do there need to be of people going through a break up? Not many.

To keep it short, this was the past year for me. Shortly after my last post in November I broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years. We had been together since high school and it was kinda crazy, but we both agreed that we hadn't really gotten to experience the adult dating world and things were not exactly going well between us to begin with. We were fighting a lot, money was a big problem, bills weren't getting paid and we had different perspectives on where we were heading. (Not to mention our sexlife was in a major rut.)

So we started with an open relationship in November, broke up in December, he moved out of my house in January and we got back together in March.

We did a lot of soul searching during our time "apart." I say it like that because well we were never really apart. Even when he moved out we were still best friends. We did everything together. We laughed, we went out to dinner, we watched movies, in fact we became closer friends after we broke up. It was kind of like, no pressure. No worries about am I gonna hurt their feelings with this that or the other thing. We were broken up, what's worse than that? If we could survive that emotion we could survive anything. We had horrible falling outs while we were broken up. New lines were set, emotions, reactions, everything changed. What it came down to. We were finally being honest with each other, not to mention ourselves.

Finally in March, all the lines, the boundaries came down to one question, "Are we happier apart or together?"

It came down to together, but things didn't just swing right back into where we left off in November, nope, new rules, new feelings, new relationship. We still tell people we've been together for going on 7 years now, because to us, the time apart was what our relationship needed and it helped us grow up. We were still living a teenager relationship in our 20s. As you can probably guess that wasn't working.


Aside from relationships issues. I've basically had the same jobs as always, I was trying to get into SCAD, but they cost too much money and don't offer enough scholarships, so I'm still stuck here in good old Polk County Florida. On the bright side I don't have to get rid of my dog when I move and I still get to go to school at the local state college and Pell Grant is paying for my schooling, so that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment