Saturday, September 15, 2012

Doing the Kool Aid dye job! (and a lot more)

I decided to have a full spa day since I haven't had a day off in quite sometime.

So far I have done a full face peel made out of items found at home. Results here. Loved the results and I can say that now it's the end of the night my face still feels really smooth and not greasy at all. 

I painted my nails (which I'm horrible at, but trying to get better [p.s. Pinterest and Google are my friend]) and subsequently removed the polish because it started chipping IMMEDIATELY. Apparently I've been doing this wrong my whole life.... 

Tips I've learned today (which you would think more people would consider us not so girlie types and put this crap out there for us to read!!!!!!)

Step 1. Make sure that your nails are clean. For example if you had nail polish on before make sure you got it all off. Then wipe your nails down with alcohol to remove any gunk. (Some people have said wash your hands after that so they are nice and clean) Allow to dry.

Step 2. Apply a good (I'm guessing this is it's own type of lacquer) base coat. ( I still have no idea what brands are good......anyone wanting to fill me in please do.) Allow to dry.

Step 3. Apply color lacquer, designs, etc. There are a billion different fun ways to do this, which I will be highlighting as I do each one. (Planing on doing an ombre one I found on Pinterest.) Allow to dry ( got that yet?)

Step 4.  Apply top coat. (Yet again I have NO clue what is a good one.) Allow to dry (this feels like it takes forever and a day..........) 

Ok so Kool Aid dye job! I chose red for this one be cause I hope that's what color my hair turns out....

So here were my directions.

Take 2-3 packets (more or less depending on how much hair  you're doing) of Kool Aid, whichever color you want. I wanted a bright red so I chose Fruit Punch. 

Add just a touch, a little tiny bit of water. So that it becomes more of a thin paste. Then add conditioner until it starts to become a paste with chunks. Mine were small chunks. You may need help applying. FYI. My boyfriend helped me because I'm truly catastrophic with most things revolving around dye. 

After you have applied what you want then wrap your hair with stretch wrap. If you did your whole head, well have fun with that one. I just did the tips of my hair. I am a dirty blonde, so I've read it should hold for almost a month for me. We'll see about that, no color known to man has ever held that long in my hair, hence why I don't dye it anymore.

You leave your hair tied up in the stretch wrap "over night" I did this during the day, so in about 2 more hours I will take mine off. I'm guessing you should leave it in as long as possible. For a longer lasting, deeper color. 

If you do dye your hair over night then protect your pillowcase with an old towel.

Whenever you remove stretch wrap you should rinse your hair ONLY. NO WASHING.

Style as usual.

My results!

Didn't do so well this time not even worth taking a pic of it... I let my boyfriend do the application, and let's just say he won't be receiving his cosmetology license ANY time soon.

I will be doing this again at a later day and will post a new blog with results!


No comments:

Post a Comment