Wednesday, July 9, 2014

-in my most angsty 90s voice- "the world is a vampire"

So we're having a bit of money woes this month. We are still adjusting to our mortgage (this being our second mortgage payment) and tempers have flared between Andrew and me. I have basically told him he needs to get a better job, as I am trying to do. Retail isn't cutting it anymore and even though I'm making a good amount of money (I'm almost at 30k/year where as he is only at about 20-22k/year.)

He wants to say because he supported me while I was going to college, instead of us both going to college that this is why he does not have a good job. I believe it may be holding him back in some aspects, but you know what. I fought tooth and nail to get through college. I worked 2-3 jobs, and took care of my horse and him while I was going to college 2 nights a week. It took me 4 years to get a 2 year degree because I worked for it. Yes I had help from my parents and my Grandma and he helped pay a majority of the bills while I was doing what I had planned on doing since I was a kid. My parents helped me save for college since I was a rugrat. We did 4h and sold hogs, they made me a savings account. They tried to aim my stupid teenage ass in the right direction, they tried to mold me into a scholarship machine, too bad I was a stubborn bitch.

He on the other hand didn't have the opportunities I did. If he wanted to go to college he basically needed to figure that out in Freshman year and make all straight A's all the way through because from what he's told me they just didn't have the money to do the things that my parents did for me. And that's fine. Everyone has their things they need to take care of in life.

I don't think it's asking to much for him to just start putting in applications in at other companies. To start molding his resume, and perfecting his interview skills. He says I've de-emasculated him by asking him to get a better job. I didn't exactly say it the nicest way possible, but unfortunately he's not the kind of person you can say these things nicely to. He's always been that way, I've known him for almost 10 years now....I think I'd know.

So we argued all night. Griped at each other and went to bed mad. I tried to make nice, but he wanted to be mad, so I let him. He can be mad if it finally lights a fire under his ass to get out of this job he hates.

I decided to get mad at what's really the problem, my job. I've been putting in applications and resumes all week. I've been pushing my Etsy account. I've been TRYING to write in my novel, even if I'm not getting very far at least I'm trying! He wants to sit and play video games and watch t.v. and mope about it! I'm sick of the "woe is me" shit. Time to grow up. Call me a bitch I don't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment