Thursday, October 9, 2014

back in the saddle

Today I got back in the saddle for the first time in 2 years. It was not amazing, but at the same time it was.

I say it wasn't amazing not because I didn't have fun, by all means I had a blast. I say it wasn't fun because I realized just exactly how out of shape I've let myself go. My ankles were hurting, my butt and back were too.

I also realized that my self confidence in the saddle is gone. It probably didn't help that I was on the largest horse I'd ever ridden at 17.1 hands he is a big ol' boy.

By the end of the ride I was feeling a lot more confident and was picking up on some of the more advanced techniques that I had as second nature two years ago.


I hope this is the first step in the right direction for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment