Monday, May 16, 2011

Open Letter to Food Network Canada

I want to let Food Network know that as someone who once planned on spending many dollars in Canada, as well as on your sponsors that I will not only be cancelling anything and everything to do with your network, I will also be boycotting anything and everything to do with your network. This is in response to the deplorable and ill advised episode your network aired on horse meat. The majority of horses slaughtered in Canada come from America, where horses are NOT raised for destruction via slaughter. They are raised as companion animals, show ring contenders, and racing athletes. They are given many drugs and supplements that have proven to be carcinogenic and deadly to humans when consumed via horse meat. The simple fact that something so repulsive and disturbing would be nationally televised is truly upsetting to me. Whether or not your episode was on "traditional French cuisine" or not!

I am not opposing this simply because of the fact that the network showed horse meat being served (which IS the same as serving your own pet). I am opposing this because the network can NOT prove to me or anyone else beyond the shadow of a doubt that the horses slaughtered for consumption on this show did not contain traces of deadly carcinogens.

Once again I will reiterate. Myself, as well as several other thousands of people will be boycotting your network and your sponsors.

You were asked not to air the episode beforehand. You did not even have the courtesy to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment